The Segilola Salami Preparatory School (SSPS) is unique in that it is very much a child-led, classroom-less skills acquisition business school that offers children a dazzling start in life. It prepares our children for real life personal and professional challenges in the 21st century.
At SSPS, we know that each child is different, so we tailor our teaching to meet the needs of our students as individuals. This helps every child here feel valued and cared for, with a special part to play in the everyday life of the school.
Our whole child-centred approach expands the meaning of student success. We go beyond academics and consider the developmental needs of the whole child. This ensures that our students enter adulthood with the knowledge, skills and habits needed to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
Our definition of student success looks at the factors that have an impact on the WHY and WHETHER students thrive. These include:
- Academic development – looking at content like mathematics and science
- Cognitive development – looking at skills like perception and attention
- Identity development – looking at values and passions that drive our students’ sense of purpose and understanding how our way of life and local community shape them
- Physical health – looking at nutrition, fitness and sleep
- Mental health and well-being – looking at how well our students cope with stress and make meaningful social connections
- Social and emotional development – looking at intra- and inter- personal skills and mindsets like awareness of self, resilience, curiosity and self regulation
We encourage happiness, we reward our students’ hard work, acknowledge and praise our students for both personal and academic achievement.